Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Moments



Life is made up of so many small moments, emotions, and experiences...that when rolled into one create memories, force you to dig deep, and define who you are. 2009 was full of some of the most wonderful, and most sorrowful, moments of our lives. Here's a look at our lives this past year......


We said hello and goodbye to our beautiful niece, Alexis Lynne Whitney:




We welcomed our sweet miracle, baby Kate:
(she misses her cousin)






Grandma and Nana came to visit! Oh how we love them!





Celebrating Easter:






Elli's birthday...celebrated with a trip to Splash Lagoon Waterpark (it was freezing outside!):






Mother's Day with friends:





My wonderful father's retirement party:




A family 5K at the zoo:





Our YW Presidency...I love these women...and our fabulous YW (some pictured here):





Gymnastics shows:




Selling our home in New York (insert tears here):





A family reunion in Utah's back country:









Ashlan's Baptism & Kate's Blessing, on the same weekend. We loved having our family come to share it with us!







Ashlan's birthday beach party:





A move to Harborcreek, Pennsylvania. Matt accepted a position as a professor of Evolution and Genetics at Penn State in Erie, PA. (insert cheers here):





First day at a new school!




Selling our home in New York AGAIN! (after many long months, the first buyer backed out):




Fun in the Fall...hayrides, pumpkin festivals, beautiful leaves.....:





("say Hi to your mother for me, alright?") :)





Uncle Scott spent time with us....we loved having him here!




Halloween: Hermione, Ariel, and a little ladybug






Thanksgiving in Massachusetts (thank you dear friends!):




Christmas: We spent it with Matt's family in Utah, and New Year's with my sister Kristin's family. We loved being with them! Matt and Carrie (his sister) took the girls to Goblin Valley in Southern Utah. It's beautiful covered in snow:








Add in laughter, tears, fun family nights, pizza and movies, trips to the park, lots of traveling, packing and unpacking, goodbyes, fervent prayers for family and friends... battling job loss, cancer, heartache, homes exploding...and tons of hugs and kisses, and you've got a year truly full of "life".

Thanks for sharing it with us....

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! What a wonderful update! I can't wait to see more photos of your new life!
You all look so great!

T Sorber said...

that was awesome. thanks

Hyde Family said...

Wow! That's a lot to pack in such a short time. Hope to see you soon on our drive across the country. Sad to think no more Thanksgivings in Massachusetts. Love ya

The Conductor said...

Wow, Stacie! It's so fun to read your update. Your little Kate is so precious. All your girls are just beautiful! Looks like quite a full year -- I loved the photo summary. I think of you whenever I wear my brown bead necklace (not sure if you remember helping us make those in Enrichment), so that's actually pretty often. =) I've also thought of you many times since we've implemented our sleepover policy, so thank you again for your emails on that subject. Good luck to you and your family in Pennsylvania! If you're ever out near Chicago or Nauvoo, let us know! I'm sending you an invite to my blog, though I'm not the world's best at keeping up with it either. Thanks for keeping in touch!

~Amy Jones

West Family said...

Thanks for sharing Stacie, we miss having you here! I too am terrible at blogging and really hope to have ours updated within the next month! I loved seeing your pictures and getting an update!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved reading and looking at everything. Great pictures! You look beautiful as always and your girls are darling. You did forget however, visiting with life long cherished friends between Christmas and New Years, haha! I will send you some pictures. When will you be in Utah again? I also want to see picture of the new house! Love ya, Jess

Running Queen said...

Thanks For the Update!!!! love you guys tons!!!!!!!

Running Queen said...

Thanks For the Update!!!! love you guys tons!!!!!!!

Kari said...

So good to see your family. We miss you guys! It seems hard to get out without a planned babysitter. hee hee. Your family is beautiful...especially that little Kate. I love ya tons!
Kari Plumb

Anonymous said...

Stacie -- What a lot of information and pictures to pack into one year! It was fun to see all your activities and your beautiful family! Thank you for sharing. Your girls are very resilient -- thanks to Parents who care enough to give the love they need. I hope you have kept your head above all the snow, and have had a chance to enjoy it as well. I Love You!
Grandma Horne

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Stacie! Just the other day I checked your blog and it was still Christmas :) I am so happy you updated!!! I really enjoyed reading this post. Your family is beautiful!!! It is funny you called today, seriously just yesterday I thought I need to call Stacie! I had Oliver at the doctor when you called for a well child check, but I will give you a call back sometime this week. We need to catch up!! I miss you!!!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

yeah for the update.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

fun post

Jessica said...

Serious! I just got your email. I thought that was just a picture out of a magazine to show us what the fall is like! Absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful journey.....thanks for updating. Beautiful pix, still miss you lots. Sad for me too, to think no more t-day in MAss. You could all come back !!!!!!

amy said...

good memories! sure love you!

CHEMTD said...

We loved catching up on how your family is doing. We will be checking back often!

- Chad